Sunday, August 15, 2010

Brunswick Beach

Brunswick Beach is a naturalist's beach just outside of Lions Bay, which is north of Vancouver on the Sea To Sky Highway.  It is a little piece of heaven, a place where us natural sun bathers love to go without having to compromise peace and serenity like we have to if we head to Wreck Beach.  Brunswick is a little gem of a place that my roommate, Dina, introduced me to last summer.  Today I went down by myself and did a bit of writing, listened to trance music, swam in the crystal clear, cool water, and sun bathed my body in 30+ degrees.  It was definitely a full August Summer Day at Brunswick.


After about 3 hours of sweating, swimming, and sunning, I packed up my stuff and drove into Vancouver.  The streets of the city were dead - it was too hot for people to be out and about.  On days like today, most Vancouverites don't know what to do with themselves.  My advice: keep hydrated with lots of water and Vitamin Water, and keep a hat on your head!  Bring sunscreen with you wherever you go!  And just simply enjoy the warmth of the sun on your skin, because god knows there are enough days on this wet coast when we don't see the sunshine!



Happy Summer,
Charleen xo

No comments:

Post a Comment